Friday, January 19, 2007

One step at a time

The DDoS attack against spamnation.info is continuing, but the holding page is at least visible, thanks to mitigation measures deployed by the site's new host. At the moment, I'm seeing about 1200-1800 simultaneous connections to the site; at one point I counted more than 24,000 connections.

The domain is currently redirecting to this blog, but that will change soon, at which point you'll be able to enjoy an informative holding page which ... suggests you visit this blog. With a little luck, I'll be able to get something rather more useful up there in the next few days and if the mitigation holds up, we'll be back in business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I find it interesting that the bots are still running. I guess this is due to the wild and free nature of the 'net. Of course, some folks will NEVER give up.